PA for Employment and Commercial Dispute Resolution Teams
We are looking for a dedicated and professional PA to join to our Employment and Commercial Dispute Resolution (CDR) team.
As a professional PA with many years’ experience your positive approach to problem solving will ensure you are an asset to the team, playing your part in enabling networking events and other client projects to run smoothly. With a high level of problem-solving skills and a strong sales/commercial understanding you will have the opportunity to lead significant projects as well as having influence over the content.
You will have a mature, calm and diplomatic nature, which will assist you in dealing with conflicting priorities, complex diary management and be able to make decisions when the Partners are unavailable. Passionate about delivering results you will enjoy producing a high standard of work under pressure independently.
As with all positions at this level you will be expected to take the initiative, be proactive and above all be a trusted colleague.
As an ambassador for Clarion you will regularly liaise with key stakeholders and clients therefore it is essential that you are highly skilled at building and maintaining relationships with fantastic verbal and written communication.
This position will be embedded within the legal teams to provide proactive administrative support as well as high level PA support to the partners. The position will assist our partners and legal directors with their business development, and administration support as required, and will play a key role in helping to drive all marketing and business development initiatives.
- Providing a high-level PA support to our partners and legal directors as required. Awareness of their key priorities, clients and targets is essential to be able to effectively manage their time and commitments.
- Management of complex diaries with often conflicting priorities.
- There is an element of client management where the PA will be the first port of call for client enquiries, when making appointments and dealing with any specific requirements.
- Manage any actions that come out of the partners’ relationship manager review meetings.
- Support partners with any specific firm wide initiatives or objectives they may be leading.
- Proactively be on top of any client review meetings.
- Any general ad-hoc administrative tasks for partners and legal directors.
- Ensure our partners have the IT support they need to fulfil their roles.
- To be completely integrated into legal teams, understand how they work, what services they need and what needs improving.
- Preparation of paperwork and attendance at weekly team meetings, ensuring any actions are taken and followed up on.
- Proactive approach with lawyers by planning in advance for significant work activities.
- Delegating appropriate administration tasks to secretarial administrators.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous PA experience of working in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- A willingness to innovate and think laterally.
- Good academic background educated to graduate level or equivalent professional experience.
- High degree of initiative, pro-activity and practical problem-solving skills, along with a willingness to take ownership for the completion of tasks or projects.
- A client focussed approach with well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to provide professional and appropriate first drafts of short correspondence, documents and slide packs.
- Excellent organisation skills, with the ability to cope with a wide range of demands and changing priorities.
- Resilience to maintaining focus under pressure, as is often required to meet tight and demanding deadlines.
- A commitment to being part of a successful team.
- A strong work ethic and flexible with time; willing to adjust and re-prioritise to ensure the needs of the project, task or team are met.
- Professional, approachable and able to work well with others in building positive relationships with clients.
- Works well within teams, able to re-prioritise when needed to meet urgent deadlines or changed priorities.
- Strong attention to detail, able to work within a team or independently, to produce accurate work.
- Demonstrates an ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professional discretion.
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.