PA to the Directors
Summary of Position
The PA will assist The Data Shed‘s Board of Directors with general organisational tasks. The PA will support the CEO and CTO in respect of their work and home administrative tasks.
Who is The Data Shed?
We are a collective of techies that have a deep understanding of data and how best to build data centric and data connected solutions for our customers.
Known to us as ‘Shedders’, the people that make up our team are a curious and supportive bunch. We provide both technical and nontechnical roles and strive to develop people in areas they’re interested in to help them succeed in their chosen career. Pair programming and constructive feedback are two things you should expect when joining The Shed, which form part of our Learning and Development framework.
Like many other organisations we recognise the importance diversity plays in creating a successful, balanced, and fair organisation which is why The Data Shed prides itself on having an inclusive culture. We regularly collect feedback from the people who keep the wheels turning and make sure everyone knows that their opinions and values are respected. Talking of values, we have 5 of our own that keep us on track and working towards the same goal:
Treat People Right
We want people who are respectful of others and keen to get to know their fellow Shedders so we can collaborate better.
Know Your Audience
We pitch information at the correct level so no one feels bamboozled by jargon. We seek to understand our audience so we all know what is being said.
Share The Knowledge
Sharing knowledge helps everyone; if you’re in a silo you can’t help anyone or be helped. When we share knowledge, we all improve.
Always Seek Value
If what you’re doing doesn’t drive value for a client, the Shed or yourself it’s probably fair to say there’s a better use of your time!
Take Care of The Fundamentals
Get the basics right & check your work. When the foundations are rock solid you can build anything.
The Data Shed are an equal opportunities employer, and we know how important it is to have a good work-life balance. We do our best to allow every member of the team a working pattern that suits them, whether that’s being around for school pickups or taking a longer lunch to walk the dog. As long as your team and clients have been considered then we’re confident in our approach to treat everyone like adults, with wellbeing as a priority.
We have a variety of benefits including free access to an EAP program, an auto enrolment pension scheme, a life assurance scheme, regular socials and a company performance-based bonus and for any additional needs you have, we have a friendly and knowledgeable HR team to support you.
What do we do?
Our solutions help our customers realise value beyond the boundaries of systems and applications. We collaborate with our customers to build secure, scalable and well-engineered systems that can be relied on. We love data and have made it our mission to build awesome systems that allow our customers to understand and get the most from their data.
As part of a close-working and collaborative team, we make data valuable and available to our clients, through consultancy services or product development.
The PA will have the following responsibilities:
- To maintain and optimize the calendars of all 4 directors in a work capacity. This includes the Operations Director, CTO, CEO and Finance Director
- To maintain and optimize the personal calendars of the CEO and CTO with particular respect to school reminders, school holiday information, holiday camps and other such information as required
- Manage inboxes, flagging any potential opportunities or risks and replying on behalf of the CEO and CTO.
- Organise both internal and external meetings, including logistics around catering, parking and meeting space.
- Proactively support the senior team with diary management and the facilitation of meetings.
- Prepare agendas prior to a meeting and distribute correctly, taking minutes where necessary and creating contact reports.
- Keep track of any actions from meetings/discussions and ensure any deadlines are met.
- Maintain and update the contacts in the CRM system and Outlook contacts.
- Book travel, accommodation, and catering for the Directors both nationally and internationally.
- Reception cover which includes greeting guests and answering the phone.
- Liaise with our PR consultant to organise speaking and press opportunities for the Directors.
- Additional tasks to support the wider team including aiding in the administration of Health and Safety, Security and maintenance documentation.
- Be aware of budgeting and strive to find value for money.
- General administration including dealing with incoming and outgoing post, filing, photocopying, scanning etc.
- Effectively manage off site Senior Team and Board strategy events.
- Never make the same mistake twice
- Make it right and only then make it fast.
- If you see something that’s broken, fix it. That includes the coffee machine.
Skill & Experience
The PA should have:
- Proven experience as a PA with multiple diary management for a minimum of 1 year.
- Able to use own initiative to prioritise a busy workload and adept at working simultaneously on multiple tasks with the mindset to exceed expectations on quality and deadlines.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to work with all levels of stakeholders both within and outside of the Company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Professional approach with the ability to ensure confidentiality at all times.
The role will be based at The Data Shed’s Leeds office however we are currently enforcing our Business Continuity Plan and working from home, with all intentions of returning to the office once this has been lifted. Travel to client sites may be required from time to time.
Ready to be a Shedder?
Your employment will be subject to your satisfactory completion of a probationary period, a reference being provided by your previous employer and the completion of a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We also celebrate each other’s differences and encourage each other to explore new ways of thinking. The result is a diverse set of individuals who come together to create a multi-talented, cohesive organisation. If you think that your uniqueness could make us even stronger, then please get in touch!