- This event has passed.
Leeds Development Event with Paul Abbott – Planning to Fail for Events Success
27th April 2023 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree – £20.00
Join us at our development event at the fantastic Horizon Leeds and Catering Yorkshire supplying the food with our special guest Paul Abbott, talking about
“Planning to Fail for Events Success With Ask Me Anything Q&A”.
All PA Hub Members and first time attendees can attend with our compliments or non-members can buy a pay as you go ticket.
PLEASE NOTE EVENT TIMINGS ARE 18:00 – 20:00.
CEO, Seratoner Business Services
Planning to Fail for Events Success.
Events are a big endeavour with a one-time chance to get it right. So, how do you know that its going to work out? We can plan, we can think positively, and we can get ready for all the lovely ideas and additions to come to life, but nothing can prepare you for success like a healthy dose of doom-thinking.
Paul will talk about the importance of risk management and thinking the unthinkable to stress test your event plans. You can apply this to all aspects of the event and build positive solutions which make your events event better.
There will also be time to ask Paul about this or anything else you like about events management.
The learning outcomes:
- Understand the importance of risk management for building brilliant events.
- Be better prepared to manage expectations
- Get answers to problems or questions you face when planning your own events.
Paul Abbott brings significant experience and insight from 20 years working at the intersection of live events, arts and culture and higher education. An experienced leader, he was most recently a Director in HE, and non-executive on a number of Boards, before launching his own events management and training consultancy.
Paul has built a notable reputation for getting things done to a high level, inspiring teams to shine even in the most difficult circumstances. From team building to budgeting, discipline to creative thinking, Paul Abbott has an extensive toolkit of skills and a creative mind, whatever your business needs.
Paul has delivered all kinds of events from small meetings to flagship events in arenas, including conferences, concerts, fashion shows and festivals.
About the Venue
Horizon Leeds is a unique, independent award-winning conference and meeting space that offers in-person, hybrid, and virtual events.
Not only are we celebrated for our high-quality, state-of-the art facilities, Horizon Leeds is part of the NHS Confederation. That means that all revenue that Horizon Leeds generates is reinvested to support the Confederation’s work to represent the NHS and support its members to continually improve care for patients and the public. We know that CSR is high on the agenda for many businesses, and by supporting Horizon Leeds, you’re also supporting the work of the NHS.
We have 5 spaces that can cater from 6 to 200 delegates in person, and the flexibility of the space (and ever-flowing bean to cup coffee) keeps our loyal clients returning time and again! We offer bespoke options and package deals for our clients and will be on hand throughout the process of developing and delivering your event.
We also have a fantastic stand-alone Broadcast Studio, which caters for up to 6 in person presenters, providing a newsroom style set up which can be streamed to delegates worldwide.
We love what we do. The staff at Horizon Leeds have been here since our doors first opened seven years ago and we know the venue inside and out. We’re passionate about Horizon – and we want you to love Horizon as much as we do, that’s why we take time and effort to make sure your event is delivered how you want it to be.
Address: 3rd Floor, 2 Brewery Wharf, Kendell Street, Leeds, LS10 1JR.
Please use postcode LS10 1NE when using Google. There is currently an incorrect map pin showing for our postcode (LS10 1JR). Google are aware of the issue and a fix is in progress.
- There is some metered parking on Waterloo Street close to the venue, but this does fill up quickly.
- Nearest Blue Badge parking to the venue is on Waterloo Street. https://tinyurl.com/2p8mjnjt
- Alternative car parks are around 9 minutes walk to the venue: Citi Park Leeds Dock – Near Royal Armouries https://citipark.co.uk/car-parks/leeds/clarence-leeds-dock
- We have a discounted rate with Citi Park Leeds Dock of £5.07. To obtain the discounted parking, download the Citi Park app to pre book your parking. Pre bookings can also be made via the website. You need to prebook for a minimum of 13 hours for the discount to apply. You are not required to park for this long. When you get to the promo box enter the code DOCK5 and this will discount the price down to £5.07.
- The registration should be recognised as you approach the barriers, should the barrier fail to raise a QR code (available on the app, or emailed after web booking) that can be scanned to access the car park.
- Q Park Sovereign Square – Near Bibis restaurant. https://www.q-park.co.uk/en-gb/cities/leeds/sovereign-square/
Directions to Horizon Leeds can be found in this link to our web page, which also features a handy video of how to get to us on foot from Leeds train station
About Catering Yorkshire
We provide catering services for all types of events from small meetings, breakfast seminars, corporate lunches, themed events, banqueting dinners, weddings and Christmas parties, as well as more relaxed events requiring a buffet menu, canapés or bowled food through to a fine dining experience. Our menus and pricing are available – get in touch to find out more.
Our corporate Leeds catering service works inside your budget to deliver creative, quality and delicious food options. We deliver in temperature-controlled vehicles and our staff are available when you need them. Crockery, cutlery, napkins and delivery all come as standard and the entire Catering Yorkshire team have been trained in corporate hospitality. We provide exceptional consistency across all our events.